We are always on the lookout for caring and compassionate Disability Support Workers to join our teams in the Northern Suburbs and Moreton Bay regions (BNE) and the Sunshine Coast.
Our Disability Support Workers enable our clients to live independently in their homes by assisting them with:
- personal care – showering, dressing, grooming etc;
- household tasks – cleaning, laundry, cooking etc;
- feeding and close support where required;
- using public transport and/or transport to appointments;
- social & community engagement;
- basic medical support;
- respite care.
Our teams work day, evening, weekend and overnight shifts. Penalty rates apply on weekends, public holidays and after 6 pm.
You will be caring, responsive, motivated and professional. You will be self-directed, reliable and have the flexibility to adapt your working life to accommodate the needs of our clients, their families and your colleagues. You will be able to demonstrate:
- a willingness to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- a willingness to learn
- good communication skills
- sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- previous experience in the disability and/or or human services sectors
You will also have:
- an unrestricted licence to drive in Queensland
- a current Disability Services Positive Notice Card
- a current Working with Children Check (or a willingness to obtain a WWCC prior to commencement)